Wednesday 21 May 2008

A Nauseating Dream

Last night I dreamt I was helping a woman - my neighbour, I think - to give birth in the home section of David Jones. She was leaning over and doing that panting thing that women apparently do when they're giving birth, and I had to catch the baby. It popped out all in one go, with a slimy splash, and I did catch it. The other person who was with me told me watch out for the afterbirth. I thought I was going to be sick, and frantically tried to repress the urge. I mean, it's ok to faint in the delivery room, but not vomit, right?! I thought, my neigbour will never forgive me if I spew at the miracle of her child's birth!

Good job I'm not a midwife, right?

I'm wondering what the dream means to me. It was memorable but I don't feel it has any immediate relevance to me.

No comments: