Monday 5 January 2009

New Year's Resolutions for 2009

Here are my resolutions for the new year:

1. To lose some weight. Yes, this is top of my list EVERY YEAR and miraculously, I am still not skinny! Still, I haven't started on a bad note - well, not as bad as some years. If I can get below 60 kg as my average weight, I will be a happy bunny.

2. To save lots of money. To this end I have been spending a lot recently. Because, of course, I'm going to need clothes, jewellery and perfume to see me through the dark days of saving. And maybe handbags. I'm thinking of starting a handbag collection - every other woman in the western world seems to have one. So why shouldn't I! Anyway...saving. Also on this topic I intend to bring my lunch to work most days so I don't have to eat the disgusting, overpriced slop they sell in the outlets here. I used to be really good about bringing lunch, and then I got slack.

3. Ballet resolution of the year: Yes, I have one. Don't you? I have one every year! This year, I want to significantly increase my flexibility. So lots of stretching sessions at the gym, and in front of the TV with a glass of wine. Well why not? It helps my tendons relax!

In other news, I went to lunch with some workmates today. On the way into the restaurant, someone spotted a redback (spider) crawling up one of of the guys' back! No harm done (loosely speaking - the spider was harmed).

2 comments:

m said...

My favorite: "Because, of course, I'm going to need clothes, jewellery and perfume to see me through the dark days of saving."

That is exactly how I feel all the time - "poor me, saving money! I need a new pair of jeans to help!"

I will be poor forever. I know it.

You're a ballerina???

Sprite said...

I certainly wouldn't call myself a ballerina...a struggling adult learner really!

Actually, no. I am a ballerina. I like the sound of that so let's keep it.

Yes, the best way to cure that feeling of poverty is to buy yourself something! You only need money if you don't have stuff.