Wednesday 28 January 2009

The Good and the Bad

Things I'm loving this week:

  • Salsa! I did two classes (two hours) last night and it was so much fun I could have died happy! I was exhausted though. Sad to think I have only got around doing it at age 30. So many wasted years!
  • Haigh's dark chocolate. I got a box of this sent to me by a business contact to thank me for getting something signed. Soooo delicious. It's in my bedroom because I knew if I kept it at work I would eat it all in a couple of days. I am hardly ever at home, so it works out better this way. Each time after I've had one, I carefully close up the box, replace the sticker that seals it shut, slide it back into its half opened golden gift wrap and fold the open edge closed, reverently. Well, it tastes so good, eating it is like a religious experience to me, so I feel a certain amount of ritual is appropriate.
  • Chinese dumplings. The Man invited some if his Chinese students round on Monday, which was Chinese New Year's Day as well as Australia Day. I went too and played the hostess, even though I'm apparently Mrs Other Man now. I got to watch the great Making of the Dumplings, and I rolled quite a few too, so now I have dumplings in my cooking repertoire. I'm getting quite excited thinking of all the variations to the fillings that I can do, and the accompanying sauces I am going to create. Really, it's about time some wealthy and traditional man marries me, because I will make an awesome housewife!

Things I'm not loving:

  • Sweaty men at the gym. All the stretching mats are covered in grease slicks. Now, is it so hard to cover strategic parts of the mat with a towel? The bits where you know your t-shirt might ride up from your slimy wet back? If I can do it - and I sweat perfume and moisturiser, because I'm a girl, and a wholesome one at that - then so can men. And it's disgusting when they actually drip sweat onto the equipment. Yuck, yuck yuck!
  • My job. Don't get me started.
  • The whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing. It would be ok if you only had to go out with them, say, once a fortnight. But seriously, I don't have time. It's a simple equation: available free time - time spent dancing = time that could have been spent dancing if it were not for the need to be with man.

3 comments:

m said...

I love chocolate. I wish more people would send me some.

Secondly, about not having time for a man - that's what I said when the men weren't worth making the time. When you get one who is, you'll have all the time in the world. :-)

Sprite said...

#1 But vegan chocolate? That must be tricky.

#2 I know. Going to have to sort that out. I feel a bit sorry for him actually. It's horrible to have to dump someone.

m said...

Au contraire - (or however that's spelled) - I bet the chocolate you were eating was vegan. If it's dark chocolate usually it is. Sometimes they'll add some milk to thin it out, but the "real" dark chocolate is vegan friendly. And yummy!

Good luck with the breakup. Not fun!