Thursday 15 January 2009

A mixed bag: holidays, evil family, paedophilia

I am having a long weekend starting tomorrow. I will be spending it at the Gold Coast, a place I have never wanted to go, with the Other Man, visiting his friend, who I have never met, but given that I despise pretty much all his friends that I have met so far, well. Fun. So why did I say I'd go? I'm just a girl who can't say no! La-la, la-la-la-la laaaaaaaah!

Other news: I spent an absolute fortune just after Christmas, sending a calendar and a desk calendar to my brother and his evil girlfriend, and have not heard from them. So either they are 1) terrifically ungrateful or 2) have changed their address and deliberately gave me the wrong one. I'm wavering between 1) and 2) depending on my mood. Today I'm veering toward 2). Honestly. It's quite possible. They didn't even contact my parents over Christmas, let alone go see them. May a plague take them both! Maybe they didn't even open the parcel. Maybe they thought it was a bomb since it was from me. Their paranoia, and sense of self-importance, knows no bounds.

And finally, having just visited here, may I just say how pleased I am to see a top Saudi cleric speaking out for little girls' rights to get married at 10. How can anyone say the Saudi religious establishment does not have women's well-being at heart? I wish my parents had married me off at 10. The best bit would have been the sex. Imagine having an adult penis rammed into your tiny, pre-pubescent vagina. How nice.

There has been so much publicity about paedophile Catholic priests. But maybe clerics of all religions are doing it. At least the Muslims are open about it - no-one can accuse their clergy of sweeping it under the prayer mat. They're out and proud!

No comments: