Wednesday 4 February 2009

Time to Break Up - Again

I'm aiming for this Sunday. I really have no idea how to do it. What's a nice way to break up with someone? I realise e-mail and text message are out, though even if I wanted to be so evil, it would hardly help given that I work a mere metres away from him.

I was wondering, do I drop hints for a couple of weeks so as to soften the blow? Should I generally be a bitch for a while? Or be all evasive when he asks me if he can see me at the weekend, so that he starts to suspect? I know that sounds mean, but is it meaner than brightly accepting offers and then saying at the end of the date, "by the way, let's break up!"

Other methods I've thought of include:
  • Suggesting I want babies. NOW! He would run a mile - if he believed me.
  • exposing him to lots of beautiful women. He's a bit of a lech so when he starts openly perving at them, I can initiate a mad fight!
  • I could leave the country
  • I could become really, really annoying in so many ways that he breaks up with me

Pitfalls:

  • He'll probably know I'm lying, and know it's an insulting way of me trying to break up with him - not nice
  • I can't work up the anger over this one. I don't really care.
  • I'd love to, but no money at the moment
  • I can't be annoying. Seriously. I'm just not an annoying person. It's impossible for me to be anything but FAB.

So I'm back to square one - date on Sunday then break it to him gently. I want it to be this Sunday so as to avoid all Valentine's Day ridiculousness next weekend. God, I hate these nauseating days The Establishment foist on us, and Other Man is way too conservative to join me in thumbing my nose at them. It has been ordained that official boyfriends must mark the event, and God forbid we should lapse in our duties to capitalism. So the burning question is, what kind of date activity is suitable when you intend to end it with a break up?

Or do you plan a date, meet, break up, then agree not to bother?

Why do they not teach these things in school?!!!!

No comments: