Thursday 16 August 2007

Preoccupation

This weekend I went to Como with the Man, to visit their crafts market. I bought some fresh garlic, which looked like spring onions and stank out my backpack, and I won the raffle prize! I was so surprised. I’m now the proud owner of a basket of Australian cosmetics and a cute white bear. I spent the rest of the day feeling special.

I must say, I’m very preoccupied at the moment. The Man offered me his Frequent Flyer points to go to the UK to see my parents this Christmas. Unfortunately, there are no free flights available over the Christmas break – they were all booked about 80 years ago by those annoying folk that have their lives planned out years in advance. But I’m still hooked on the idea, and am endless churning the various possibilities over in my mind. I’m actually tempted right now to jack in my job and be free again.

Actually, I must be getting more mature, because I’m less tempted to dump my job – it was so hard come by, disappointment though it is – and more inclined to start saving like a fiend so that I can give up work and do what I want to do. Whatever that is. But it would be nice to be independent for the first time in my life. I’ve never felt as if I’m in control of my destiny. I imagine that everyone else in the West is, except me.

I have nothing to do at work at the moment. I’m so bored. Even when small things come that I could do, I’m now so lethargic I can’t be bothered to do them. The only thing that stops me sliding into a stupor is the discomfort in the back of my thighs from sitting on them all day. I must have chair sores!

No comments: