Thursday 2 August 2007

Boy, am I exhausted this morning. Getting back into the work routine – working my arse off all day, having very little sleep, then getting up at a ridiculous hour in the morning – is killing me. I’m so tired, and it’s first thing in the morning. As I stumbled into the office I turned ideas over in my mind to enable me to get up later: wash hair night before, do make-up in toilets at work, buy breakfast en route at Wynyard Station (not necessarily as gross as it sounds). I should be able to extend my sleeping time until 7:00 – practically a lie-in!

In addition to sleep deprivation, my body is wracked with soreness from my little stretching session in the gym yesterday. I do my stretching in a room that adjoins the main gym area. I believe it’s meant for aerobics classes, but it’s always empty and private when I go. Anyway, just as I was sinking into the splits, one of the gym staff came in with somebody he was showing around. Obviously I couldn’t jump straight out of the stretch with a screech of pain like I usually would, so I had to stay there looking all serene. I’m paying for it now.

The good news is, I’ve now been at work for an hour and still haven’t done any real work. I just discovered this blog. I’m not sure it’s a good idea for me to read it at work though. People are going to guess I’m reading something non-work-related when they see my facial contortions (the facial equivalent of the splits). Too funny!

No comments: