Tuesday 21 April 2009

Excuses

I've been so slack about updating this blog lately. It's not that I haven't had anything to write - (au contraire, only this Sunday I had one of the best nights ever at a local Sydney pub, where I got to play along on my violin for a few songs. It was fantastic, and I made a mental note, through the alcoholic haze, to write a ravey blog entry, only I never did) - it's just that, I am SO EXCITED (did I mention this?) about my impending trip to the northern hemisphere that all available internet time is spent researching hotels and sightseeing possibilities. *

I'm going to England, but also to Krakow, Poland for four days, with my parents. It's going to be so good! I hope so, anyway, because I volunteered to organise the Poland trip, and I don't want to embarrass myself by organising a flop. I should be ok, though. Two years of booking travel for a cranky Sri Lankan boss should stand me in good stead.

And may I just say, the exchange rate from Aussie dollars to pounds is positively exquisite and I MUST get around to changing some money before it goes back. This is why I can't keep updating this blog regularly. I have bigger fish to fry, you know?


*Sorry about the grammar lapse. I realise that, ideally, sentences should be shorter than a Russian bread line.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have a blast no doubt!!! Planning is half the fun!!!

Sprite said...

Yep. I can't wait to have the hotel in Poland booked so that I can start thinking about the sightseeing. I must have looked up every hotel in Krakow and still haven't come close to a decision.

The other fun part of planning is thinking about the presents I will take back.

gena said...

Let me know how your trip pans out. I've been thinking of whizzing over to some part of England myself but not sure how that would go down with a nearly 9yr old in tow *L*

Sprite said...

I'm sure your nine year old would love it! (Though not sure if you would!!)