Thursday 9 April 2009

Easter!

It's finally Easter! And I have survived two days of intensive boredom - sorry, 'training' - at work. The sessions were for the sales people, but my misguided boss is under the impression that I am always keen to attend these things and expand my horizons, or some such thing. He's kind of sweet in his own way and so I hate to disillusion him. It's like telling children there's no Santa (except that there is, children). The two days consisted of me and another girl who was trapped there texting each other to coordinate strategically timed bouts of going AWOL, and giggling every time someone talked about 'penetration'. Yup, it was that fun.

On Wednesday night my evening was also imposed upon by work. Since the interstate team was all in Sydney for this thing, we had to have dinner together. It wasn't so bad really; I kind of enjoyed it. The best bit was when I discovered that one of the new girls on the team was a trained ballet dancer. I got as excited as my mother does when she finds out someone can play the violin. Actually I don't think she wanted to talk about it much, but after a day that was boring as buggery* I was damn well not going to let it go - I mean, it was the most interesting thing that I'd heard all day, though that would not be difficult, so I made her talk ballet for a few minutes. I probably shouldn't have, really. The question on the tip of my mind, if not my tongue, was "Don't you hate being a crappy sales person after having been trained as a ballet dancer?" but I didn't ask it because the answer quite probably is "yes", and I would have felt like a scumbag. I do genuinely want to know, though, because all our sales people seem to love what they do, and I can't imagine why. I must be missing something.

The other thing I did over the past few days while I was being assaulted by PowerPoint was daydream about going home to the ancestral seat and make shopping lists for when I got there. I still maintained that I was only in the daydreaming phase of planning the trip. Only, last night when I got home from ballet, the man opened up Singapore Airlines' website to show me the sale they're having, and after a couple of hours playing around with different dates...I've booked my fare back home!

I AM SO EXCITED. <-- Worth caps lock. Seriously. So, so excited. Some adults never experience that rush like when you're a child on Christmas Eve, but I'm lucky enough to know pure excitement. I'm bouncing off walls!

*Is buggery boring? Hell, I don't know, probably not,I'm just making this crap up as I go along.

No comments: