Thursday 17 January 2008

Jet-lagged Musings

Last night I had a vivid dream about flesh-eating zombies. I know, what the hell? Who seriously has dreams like that? It had a plot and everything. There was also an opening dream, where I was romantically involved with my boss. Again. This is getting tiresome. Maybe I should have an affair with him to get it out of my system, though I’m not sure he’d let me, seeing as how he’s happily married and about ten times more hot than I am. And for God’s sake, it’s not even in system. I’m being raped by my subconscious!

All is well with the animal menagerie. On the way home from the airport the Man told me that although the noisy cockatoos seem to have moved on for the moment, there are a couple of cheeky noisy miners that have been flying into the house and dive-bombing the cat’s food. I wasn’t sure whether to believe him, but sure enough, that afternoon I glimpsed a pair of stalky little bird legs just beyond where I had my laundry airing, hopping around near the cat’s dish, INSIDE THE HOUSE. I should have known he’d let the animals take over in my absence. The Man is the Snow White of twenty first century Man. I wonder if they’ve been helping him pick out his clothes in the morning, and twirling him around, dressing him. How cute that would be.

P.S. I am wearing yet another new pair of shoes today. They look so fab peaking out from under my new trouser legs that I have to keep looking down at them!

No comments: