Saturday 8 December 2007

Yay for Christmas!

Huzzah for the Christmas season! Even when I’m not at boozy work lunches, my boss is and I can skip home early.

Leaving me free to prepare for Christmas. I’ve just finished all my cards, with labels all printed out by mail merge. Well, I am the queen of stationery!

I’m beginning to get a bit nervous about my trip to England. How can I say this…I’m a bit scared of my family, to be honest. They’re all a bit…strange and moody. The worst thing is my parents. They haven’t accepted The Man and my relationship, for reasons I might go into one day (though not now, as too much angst is Not Christmassy). So every time I visit them, I have to make sure his name doesn’t trip off my tongue accidentally, and in every story I tell, ‘we’ has to be replaced with ‘I’ so a family scene doesn’t ensue. My brother’s girlfriend doesn’t understand this and is all ‘talk it through with your parents, Sprite, you and your parents have to face your issues’.

But seriously, you don’t talk to my parents.

Basically the only safe topic these days with my mother is shopping, and since I plan to do plenty of that, we should be ok. I’m so organised, I’ve already contacted the freight companies to arrange shipping back to Australia for my excess baggage. Well – I have been saving up for the big trip, you know!

So yes, looking forward to it…but I’m also looking forward to coming back!

2 comments:

Steph said...

well that sucks! I'm with the girlfriend. Tell your olds!!

Sprite said...

They know...they just don't want to know. And if I'm only going to spend 3 weeks with them once every 1 1/2 years, I'd don't want to spend it hearing them slagging off The Man. But yes, it sucks. I don't think there's really an answer to the situation.