Wednesday 5 December 2007

I Lost My Lunch!

I prepared today’s lunch last night whilst watching television. It took me a long time, but it was worth it in the end because it all looked so delicious.

I made a box of chopped fruit, as always. Then I made up a box of crispy chopped salad, with herbs and olive oil. Yum. Then I took a little plastic container with two sections. In one section I put rice; then I shelled some prawns and put the prawns in the other half of the box, with a slice of lemon. I threw a couple of ‘fun’ sized Mars bars into the bag as a final touch.

Then this morning I left it all on the bus.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Oh fuck it all!!! Don't you hate that.
This one time I actually made dinner for myself (no mean feat, i mostly eat out or sponge off friends. It was a delicious looking stirfry, the rice turned out fluffy and light, it smelled divine, and then walking from the kitchen to the dining room, I tripped over my own friggin handbag and lost the whole lot, over the wall and on the carpet.

I literally CRIED!!!

Sprite said...

That's so sad! I can imagine the drama.

I was telling someone in the office about my bag, with a catch in my throat. (I didn't actually cry.) Then I felt a bit stupid when I had to admit that no, my purse and phone etc weren't in the bag, just my lunch. And brolly.

But it was a SPECIAL lunch, which required assembling at work, then conspicuous consumption in front of co-workers.

My precious prawns!

Rosanna said...

That is the worst story! I hate situations like that, especially when prawns are involved. I feel your pain.

Sprite said...

Thanks, Rosanna. I feel better now having shared.