Tuesday 6 November 2007

Monday Morning Grumps

Sorry, today's post is some rantiness that's souring my system. It is Monday, after all.

Is it just me, or has the late 30’s/early 40’s age group completely taken over the media or what? It feels like everything on TV is aimed at them. I’m talking about pop stuff like reality TV, drama series, quiz shows, etc etc, (most of which I don’t watch anyway). Every time you switch the television on it’s full of forty year old women giggling like girls, and smarmy guys in the middle of their mid-life crisis, trying to impress them. Where’s my generation? Take ‘The Farmer Wants a Wife’, for example. (And yes, I watch it. It is not something I’m proud of.) It’s a dating show, for God’s sake. Why are these women so old?

I’m dreading work next week. Some members of the ‘team’ are coming to Sydney from interstate and we’re having three days of bonding and shit. We have been invited to spend the day with some of our ghastly partners, AND PLAY GOLF IN THE AFTERNOON. Jesus, why the hell is it always golf? Why do business people love golf so much? Why can’t it be something that I like? How I’d love it we all went to the ballet as a team bonding session. Come to that, in my utopia, instead of getting to the office on Monday morning and banging on about the rugby results, everyone would be chatting about dance class and the performances they’d seen. I guess the no-one considered me when then world was being designed. Anyway, next week I have two ‘team’ dinners – meaning that I don’t get home until some stupid time – and did I mention, GOLF. Actually, after three hours of corporate wank about value adds, takeaways, drivers and bottom lines, the golf will probably be the highlight.

No comments: