Thursday 20 September 2007

Party Politics

I’ve been on the edge of my seat this week, ever since Sunday when John Howard threatened to resign.

The thing is, the Man and I are planning to have an election party on the day of – you guessed it – the election. Actually, it could be described more accurately as an ‘Out John Howard’ party. So you can see we attach a certain importance to Howard actually fighting the election. We could have an ‘Out Liberals’ party, I suppose, but the venom many of us feel towards John Howard personally would add that extra je ne sais crois and encourage an enthusiastic turn-out.

Besides, I spent AGES of company time working on a multi-media PowerPoint invitation (with sound and flashy text effects) and I will be crushed if I can’t send it.

So, I was pretty pleased to hear about their improved opinion poll results this week. Overjoyed, even. Wouldn’t it just serve me right if they ended up winning the election? Noooooo!!!!

3 comments:

Rosanna said...

I LOVE all these pre-election stories. An election party sounds like SO much fun!

Steph said...

Awesome idea. I may very well steal it ;)

Sprite said...

I didn't mention the toilet paper, did I? The Man has a roll of toilet paper printed all the way through with a picture of John Howard. The caption says, if I remember rightly, 'Wipe the smile off his face'. I thought it would add that extra bit of class to have it in the bathroom for the comfort of the guests. I tried to get hold of some more but alas, they don't make them any more!

Yes, I think it will be fun!