Friday 7 September 2007

Got to do something with my life - or do I?

I still don’t know what to do when I grow up!

Every now and then, like now, I get motivated to think about further study so that I can have a career instead of being the monkey with the keys to the stationery cabinet. Then I figure out that a) the job in question would be shit; b) they’d never accept me onto the course; d) the course takes about 100 years and costs $10 million; or d) it’s not offered in Australia.

The Man suggested Environmental Law so I’m looking into that. Hearteningly, there do appear to be opportunities to study law in Sydney, even part time. So what jobs could I get? I don’t want to be an actual solicitor or anything. Leave that to the crusties who are happy working 12 hour days! I’d like to do something incredibly worthy and glamorous, like policy reform or something. I’ll have to look into it.

But who am I kidding? I’m sure it’ll turn out to be a bad idea and I’ll resign myself once again to being the office odd-job woman for the rest of my life.

I’d have saved so much time and money if I’d never bothered with my first degree.

No comments: