Thursday 29 March 2007

Feeling Grumpy

Things that are pissing me off today:

1. I have no work to do. I don’t mind, but at least let me go home, for God’s sake. As it is, I’m training my mind to go blank so that I can get through the boredom. I wish I had an internet based hobby that I could advantageously use the time for, like following the stock market. Instead of sitting in front of my computer monitor doing sod-all like my lazy-arsed colleagues, I could be out buying ingredients for the man’s birthday cake.


2. I’m currently in charge of circulating a leaving card. I had it so well-organised; the card was in a bag and there was a separate envelope to record names of those who’ve signed and giving instructions on who to pass the card on to. It’s been in circulation since late Monday afternoon and barely anyone has signed it (it’s now Thursday). My dear colleagues seem to think it’s appropriate to leave the card on their desk for 24 hours each, unsigned, with the collection money just sitting there overnight. I’m making a mental note of the guilty parties so that I can do it to them, complete with angelic look of innocence, next time they have a card to circulate.

3. Colleagues who don’t answer e-mails. I mean, I’m not e-mailing them for my health, or because I like having e-mail correspondence with them. It’s for my job, and they should bloody well pull their fingers out and do theirs. I’m beginning to wonder why I even care. I mean, if no-one else gives a damn, why should I?

No comments: