Thursday 22 March 2007

Can I work from home?

I’ve discovered the delights of You Tube. It is strange it’s taken me a year of working in admin to do this. My job has been so boring this week - I’ve had very little to do and most of what I’ve been doing has been voluntary. So now I can while away the long hours by watching ballet videos – lovely! I’ve been behind the scenes with the Kirov, ABT and the Royal Antwerp Ballet School. My computer screen is a window onto another world where I’d rather be. (No wonder I don’t have interesting dreams any more – the internet has removed the need for imagination).

God, I’m so bored. I have nothing to do and have had nothing to do for the past six hours. If only I could work from home. I could have spent the day on the sofa watching TV, or doing housework, and petting the kitty, and maybe a bit of baking. Instead, I’ve had to think of interesting things to occupy myself, things that can be done sitting in front of the computer and are still interesting (I failed). I really like the idea of working from home. Not on busy days though – I’d much rather be at work so I could actually get things done – but on days like this it would be bliss, like a paid day off. I wonder how the company oversees it. Maybe I should see about getting myself a laptop and broadband. Maybe then they’d let me. Then I wouldn’t need a shoulder transplant from fidgeting with the mouse all day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm learning to Pick the brains of the most successful work from home affiliate marketers blogs and follow their proven formulas for success and I just bookmarked yours. "Listen How John Doe made $3,554 in 24 hours promoting one product" Your New Fortune