Wednesday 25 March 2009

An Update

So...it's all been a bit crappy lately. Further to my last post, there has been even more emotional drama, leaving me simultaneously drained/running on nervous energy. I don't even know how to feel any more. I certainly can't be bothered to run through everything that has happened on this blog. Just the thought of writing it is exhausting!

Work is also getting me down. I despise my job enough anyway, and the workload is so huge these days I need to be 100% to even think about staying on top of things. First thing this morning, my idiot boss rang me up and said airily I'd have to change a couple of tomorrow's videoconference meetings - about the hundredth change. I started crying once I'd put the phone down. I feel like a whipped dog sometimes, you know? My PDR is coming soon. I wonder if I can persuade them to fire me, with a nice little redundancy payment thrown in of course.

In good news, I played in public with my little band on Sunday! (Good for me, not so good for audiences everywhere...). I was so proud! As they say on Kath and Kim, I love myself sick! I only did two songs, but I am a legend in my own mind.

So anyway, that's my super-interesting update. Just thought I'd write something, so as to keep up the habit of writing, lest the unthinkable happen and I abandon this blog to dust and cobwebs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please please do continue writing!!!

Sprite said...

Thanks! I'll try.