Wednesday 6 February 2008

Grumpy Time

Woah, sorry about the huge self pity-fest that was my last post. What can I say? It's that time of the month. I'm past the uncontrollable rage stage, but still not yet out of the woods on the angst front.

Added to that, I was a bit out of sorts at work today. A new guy has joined our team and is temporarily seated in the empty desk next to me. This is annoying because it means our boss is constantly popping over to have animated conversations with him about profitability and 'opportunity management' and other vague business stuff. My little section of the office has gone from being a solitary idyll to Keen Central. I mean, how the hell am I supposed to shop on eBay with the boss breathing down my neck all the time? There is way too much keenness around for my comfort. The guy has to go.

I also got out of bed the wrong side this morning. I was ripped out of a dream where I was in the presence of the King of Saudi Arabia and had accidentally called him 'Your Highness' instead of 'Your Majesty' and was trying frantically to save face...by a loud yowl of two cats meeting less than amicably. I leapt out of bed, tore to the front door and flung it open, chased off the evil neighbour cat, grabbed darling kitty and ran back inside to complete my night's sleep. Only to find it was 6:30 - I'd just had all of it that I was going to. What a rude start to the day!

2 comments:

Rosanna said...

That sounds like some dream. Don't worry about your whinge - it's your blog and therefore your perogative.

Sprite said...

Thank you.

Last night's dream was even better. I was living on Everest in a little cottage and we kept having avalanches.