Wednesday 27 June 2007

Slacking off

I am so totally looking forward to the next couple of weeks at work. Boss #1 will be on vacation, and boss #2 is going to be away on business trips for much of that time, some of it in different time zones. (Though I wouldn’t put it past me to call me up first thing in the morning anyway. I’ll just have to make sure the mobile is off!) I have some lovely sleep-ins planned, plus long lunchtimes, a hair appointment and maybe even the chiropractor - aah, bliss! I have such a good job. Not for the ambitious, but, as you’ll have noticed if you’ve been following this blog, I’m not ambitious. My main career goal is to be allowed to work from home.

Speaking of which, I’ve just applied for broadband. The next step is to get remote access and maybe a printer. Then I have to suggest subtly to my bosses that I might do my job better if I can work from my front room, a convenient few metres away from both bed and the TV, and enabling me to bond more with the cat. How could he reject such a proposal?

2 comments:

Rosanna said...

I couldn't live without Broadband. It would be like removing a limb now.

Sprite said...

Our connection at home is painfully slow. I can't wait!