Wednesday 6 June 2007

Me versus technology

I just tried to copy a CD before I take it back to the library. Everything was fine until I tried to burn it onto a blank CD, and the machine kept spitting it out. Damn work and its shoddy equipment! Very irritating. So now I will have to hold onto the CDs and try it at home. I might go the library anyway this lunchtime as I have nothing better to do. The only thing I don’t like about going to the library at work (apart from the long walk) is that when people at work see me on my way out with my backpack and trainers (I change into trainers at lunchtime), someone ALWAYS says “ooooh, are you going to the gym??” I know it sounds silly, but it really sets my teeth on edge. I mean, every time!! No, I’m not going to the gym, I just like to wear sensible shoes and carry a bag that my chiropractor would approve of. Is that so difficult to get? It also annoys me unbelievably much when people see me putting my sandwich into the fridge and they go, “ooooh, that looks healthy!” Like, why would it not be? Is it so outrageous as to be comment-worthy that I would be having a sandwich with – gasp – salad in it? Is that in some way not normal?

I’ve been having some busy weekends lately as I’ve joined an orchestra. I’ve been enjoying it so much, as it’s been years since I’ve played in an orchestra. We get together to perform only intermittently, so now that the concert’s over I’ve got my weekends back, for a while at least. I have a lot of sleep and housework to catch up on.

It’s 10:22 and I’ve hardly done any work yet today. I am pretty pleased about that.

No comments: